The Junction TMO is a membership-based organization that is open to any business, commercial or residential development in the Andover, North Reading, Reading, Tewksbury, Wilmington, and Woburn area.
The JTMO is as a consensus-oriented, nonprofit organization of private and public sector representatives working together to address transportation issues along the I-93 corridor between the Ballardvale St./Lowell Junction area of Andover and Wilmington to the junction at the cloverleaf interchange at I-93 / I-95.
The JTMO provides its members with transportation and advocacy based solutions to address a variety of business needs including:
Employee and tenant recruitment and retention
Reduced employee commute times
Increased employee productivity
Improved quality of life
Measurable sustainability programming
Networking, community involvement
Local and state regulatory compliance
We welcome the opportunity to learn more about your business and discuss how the Junction TMO can best serve your needs.
Membership in the Junction TMO Benefits Your Business As Well As Your Employees and Tenants
- Joint Advocacy for Roadway Improvements
- HOV and EV Parking Assistance
- Individualized Innovative Transportation Solutions
- Shuttle Planning and Management
- Data Collection
- Best Business Practices for Sustainable Transportation
- Networking Opportunities with Key Business and Municipal Players
- Marketing and Promotional Materials
- Local, and State Regulatory Compliance
- Online Ride Matching
- Commuter Rewards Programs and Marketing
- On-site demonstrations with one-on-one personal assistance
- Free Guaranteed Ride Home Program using Uber
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Support and Rewards
- Transit Trip Planning
JOIN US! To find out more about membership in the JTMO- please complete this contact form, and one of our staff will be in touch.
In the 1990s, Pfizer Biotech (formerly Wyeth) and P&G/Gillette (formerly The Gillette Company) began working with other local businesses, property owners, and public officials to reduce traffic congestion, improve air quality, advocate for local road improvements, and increase commuting alternatives for area employees.
In 2000 the group agreed to form the Junction Transportation Management Organization, Inc. (JTMO) as a consensus-oriented, nonprofit organization of private and public sector representatives working together to address transportation issues in the Ballardvale St./Lowell Junction area of Andover and Wilmington.
Since its inception in 2001, the Junction TMO has been advocating for roadway improvements for its members. Improving access to the Andover/Wilmington/Tewksbury region is a priority among municipal leaders, businesses, institutions, and residents, and the JTMO shares that conviction.
Over the years the JTMO has played a role in several important projects in the area, including:
- Rebuilding of the 1-93/Rte 125/ Ballardvale intersection
- I-93 Tri-Town Interchange Development Project
- Double tracking of the Haverhill Commuter Rail line
- Construction of a new Lowell Junction Commuter Rail station
Comcast of MA
Foresight Regulartory Strategies, Inc.
Greenman Pederson Inc.
Kuberre Systems Inc.
Loadspring Solutions, Inc.
The Righter Group Inc.
Security Innovation Inc.
Trane USA Inc.
TransPerfect Global Inc.
Unifirst/Dimensional Photonics International, Inc. (DPI)
Verizon/Bell Atlantic Mobile
XOS Technologies, Inc.
Board of Directors
The Junction TMO Board of Directors for September 1, 2018 - August 31, 2020:
Richard Nill, Pfizer - President
Jacob Noble, Ballardvale Office Park - Treasurer
Andrea Leary, Northeast Transit Planning & Mgt. Corp. - Clerk